Fonds BC1412 - College of Music Photographs

Reference code

ZA UCT BC1412

Title

College of Music Photographs

Date(s)

  • undated (Creation)

Level of description

Fonds

Extent and medium

Name of creator

(1910-)

Administrative history

The South African College of Music, founded by a group of musicians led by Madame Apolline Niay-Darroll, opened in 1910 in Strand Street, Cape Town, with six students. In 1912 Mr W.H. Bell was appointed Principal and, in 1914, the SACM moved to larger premises in Stal Plein. In 1920 Mr Bell was made Professor of Music at the University of Cape Town, where he held classes for degree courses. In 1923 the SACM was incorporated into the University and Professor Bell became Dean of the Faculty of Music. In 1999 the Faculty of Music was absorbed into the Faculty of Humanities. - See more at: http://www.sacm.uct.ac.za/sacm/history/background#sthash.1z1kmd7F.dpuf

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Transferred from the Music Library, UCT

Scope and content

Photographs of staff of the South African College of Music

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions governing access

No restrictions apply

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Alternative identifier(s)

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

2013

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places